Global borate trends prompt American Pacific to increase mine size
Hey! Looks like you have stumbled on the section of our website where we have archived articles from our old business model.
In 2019 the original founding team returned to run Next Investors, we changed our business model to only write about stocks we carefully research and are invested in for the long term.
The below articles were written under our previous business model. We have kept these articles online here for your reference.
Our new mission is to build a high performing ASX micro cap investment portfolio and share our research, analysis and investment strategy with our readers.
Click Here to View Latest Articles
American Pacific Borate and Limited (ASX:ABR) has provided an update on its progress as it seeks to complete the DFS for its Fort Cady Borate Project in Q4, CY2018.
Major milestones completed in the current quarter include:
- Bulk sample from onsite testworks sent to equipment manufacturers to enable completion of flow sheet and capex estimates.
- The decision to increase the targeted scale of the mine to include a third phase, financed through cash flow, to take advantage of the upgraded JORC compliant Mineral Resource Estimate, positive trends in the global borate market, the company’s approved railroad spur under its current mining permit, and the company’s ability to sell by-product gypsum into the Californian agricultural and industrial markets.
This third phase adds to the December 2017 Scoping Study that targeted steady state production of 246k tonnes of boric acid per annum over a two phase construction with phase two to be funded from cash flow.
- The approval to commence construction from the Mojave Desert Air Quality Management District.
ABR’s CEO and Managing Director Michael Schlumpberger commented on today’s update: “Our decision to increase our target mine size to include a third phase is supported by: the size of our Resource; positive borate market trends; our permitted railroad spur providing the necessary logistics solution for an increase in production; and our ability to sell by-product gypsum and sulphate of potash (SOP) into large Californian agricultural and industrial markets.
“Demonstrating our ongoing intent to accelerate Fort Cady into production, we have delivered further milestones of bulk samples from on-site testworks being sent to equipment vendors and the approval from the Air Quality district to enable the commencement of construction.
“The relatively quick approval from the Air Quality Management District highlights the support from the authorities in California and brings us one step closer to developing the project,” he said.
This is a junior, speculative stock so investors should seek professional financial advice if considering this stock for their portfolio.
Fort Cady Borate Project — DFS progress
The convergence of the following factors has resulted in the company making the decision to incorporate a third phase into its targeted mine:
- a large multi-generational borate Resource (JORC compliant MRE of 120m tonnes at 6.5% B2O3, or 11.6% boric acid (H3BO3) for 13.9m tonnes of contained boric acid, the company’s Fort Cady Borate Project hosts the largest known contained borate JORC or NI43-101 Mineral Resource Estimate in the world not owned by major borate producers Rio Tinto and Eti Maden);
- a brilliant railroad dominated logistics’ solution (current mining permit allows a 3km to 4km rail spur from the main national railway line running close to the Project boundary);
- large by-product markets in California for agricultural and industrial gypsum and SOP consumption supported in part by the railroad logistics’ solution; and
- a borate market growing at up to6%CAGR with limited additional supply capacity outside of Turkey.
This additional third phase, expected to be financed through cash flows, is currently being incorporated into the upcoming DFS.
General Information Only
S3 Consortium Pty Ltd (S3, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) (CAR No. 433913) is a corporate authorised representative of LeMessurier Securities Pty Ltd (AFSL No. 296877). The information contained in this article is general information and is for informational purposes only. Any advice is general advice only. Any advice contained in this article does not constitute personal advice and S3 has not taken into consideration your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Please seek your own independent professional advice before making any financial investment decision. Those persons acting upon information contained in this article do so entirely at their own risk.
Conflicts of Interest Notice
S3 and its associated entities may hold investments in companies featured in its articles, including through being paid in the securities of the companies we provide commentary on. We disclose the securities held in relation to a particular company that we provide commentary on. Refer to our Disclosure Policy for information on our self-imposed trading blackouts, hold conditions and de-risking (sell conditions) which seek to mitigate against any potential conflicts of interest.
Publication Notice and Disclaimer
The information contained in this article is current as at the publication date. At the time of publishing, the information contained in this article is based on sources which are available in the public domain that we consider to be reliable, and our own analysis of those sources. The views of the author may not reflect the views of the AFSL holder. Any decision by you to purchase securities in the companies featured in this article should be done so after you have sought your own independent professional advice regarding this information and made your own inquiries as to the validity of any information in this article.
Any forward-looking statements contained in this article are not guarantees or predictions of future performance, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which are beyond our control, and which may cause actual results or performance of companies featured to differ materially from those expressed in the statements contained in this article. S3 cannot and does not give any assurance that the results or performance expressed or implied by any forward-looking statements contained in this article will actually occur and readers are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
This article may include references to our past investing performance. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of our future investing performance.