White Rock announces new deal with Sandfire Resources
Hey! Looks like you have stumbled on the section of our website where we have archived articles from our old business model.
In 2019 the original founding team returned to run Next Investors, we changed our business model to only write about stocks we carefully research and are invested in for the long term.
The below articles were written under our previous business model. We have kept these articles online here for your reference.
Our new mission is to build a high performing ASX micro cap investment portfolio and share our research, analysis and investment strategy with our readers.
Click Here to View Latest Articles
White Rock Minerals Limited (ASX:WRM) this morning informed the market of a cornerstone investment and strategic relationship with Sandfire Resources NL (ASX:SFR).
The two companies have entered into a subscription agreement to formalise the strategic relationship regarding WRM’s globally significant high-grade zinc VMS Red Mountain Project in Alaska.
Through this agreement WRM will be able to benefit from SFR’s significant technical expertise to develop the Red Mountain Project, as well as further strategic support as the small cap moves to unlock the potential from its large strategic land holding.
WRM Managing Director and CEO, Matt Gill said: “White Rock welcomes Sandfire Resources as a strategic partner and cornerstone investor that shares White Rock's vision for the exploration and development of the Red Mountain Project.
“Securing a high-quality partner with world leading expertise in the exploration and development of base metals projects is a strong endorsement to the quality and potential of White Rock’s globally significant high-grade zinc VMS Red Mountain Project.
“White Rock looks forward to collaborating with Sandfire Resources as part of this new strategic relationship.”
However WRM remains a speculative stock and if considering this stock for your portfolio you should take all public information into account and seek professional financial advice.
The strategic relationship between WRM and SFR will comprise of the following:
- A$2.5 million equity placement. A placement of 208,333,334 fully paid ordinary shares in White Rock at A$0.012 (1.2 cents) per share and the issue of 104,166,667 unlisted options to subscribe for White Rock shares to raise A$2.5 million.
Following completion of the share placement, SFR will own approximately 14.2% of White Rock.
- Technical Collaboration. The formation of a technical committee for the purposes of jointly collaborating in connection with the Red Mountain Project including identifying best options for advancement of the Project.
- Option for Earn-in and Joint Venture over Red Mountain Project. SFR will have the right and exclusive option to enter into an earn-in joint venture agreement in relation to the Red Mountain Project, which option may be exercised prior to 31 December 2018. If the option is exercised, the parties will negotiate, agree the form of and enter into an earn-in and joint venture agreement reflecting the following principles:
- Stage 1: SFR to fund a total of A$20 million over four years to earn 51%, with a minimum expenditure by SFR of A$6 million in year one.
- Stage 2: SFR to fund a further A$10 million and deliver a pre-feasibility study over an additional two years to earn 70%, which may be extended by SFR for a further year in certain circumstances.
- Stage 3: White Rock may elect to contribute to the joint venture. If White Rock elects not to contribute, SFR can solely fund Stage 3 to earn 80% by completion of a definitive feasibility study.
- Stage 4: White Rock may elect to contribute to the joint venture. If White Rock elects not to contribute, SFR will earn 90% and White Rock's 10% interest will be earned from project cash flow.
- Project Management: WRM is entitled to continue managing the project for at least the first year of the earn-in and to be paid a management fee. Ongoing management responsibility of the project will be subject to annual review and after the first year will be at SFR's election.
- Anti-dilution Protection. An anti-dilution right enabling SFR to maintain its interest in White Rock, subject to obtaining an appropriate ASX waiver.
- Board Nomination Right. A board nomination right enabling SFR to nominate a non-executive director to White Rock's Board should SFR's shareholding interest in WRM reach 15%.
General Information Only
S3 Consortium Pty Ltd (S3, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) (CAR No. 433913) is a corporate authorised representative of LeMessurier Securities Pty Ltd (AFSL No. 296877). The information contained in this article is general information and is for informational purposes only. Any advice is general advice only. Any advice contained in this article does not constitute personal advice and S3 has not taken into consideration your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Please seek your own independent professional advice before making any financial investment decision. Those persons acting upon information contained in this article do so entirely at their own risk.
Conflicts of Interest Notice
S3 and its associated entities may hold investments in companies featured in its articles, including through being paid in the securities of the companies we provide commentary on. We disclose the securities held in relation to a particular company that we provide commentary on. Refer to our Disclosure Policy for information on our self-imposed trading blackouts, hold conditions and de-risking (sell conditions) which seek to mitigate against any potential conflicts of interest.
Publication Notice and Disclaimer
The information contained in this article is current as at the publication date. At the time of publishing, the information contained in this article is based on sources which are available in the public domain that we consider to be reliable, and our own analysis of those sources. The views of the author may not reflect the views of the AFSL holder. Any decision by you to purchase securities in the companies featured in this article should be done so after you have sought your own independent professional advice regarding this information and made your own inquiries as to the validity of any information in this article.
Any forward-looking statements contained in this article are not guarantees or predictions of future performance, and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which are beyond our control, and which may cause actual results or performance of companies featured to differ materially from those expressed in the statements contained in this article. S3 cannot and does not give any assurance that the results or performance expressed or implied by any forward-looking statements contained in this article will actually occur and readers are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking statements.
This article may include references to our past investing performance. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of our future investing performance.