Stockpiled ore accumulates at Penny’s Find

Published at Jul 5, 2017, in Juniors

Empire Resources Ltd (ASX: ERL) announced on Wednesday that it had negotiated a second agreement for the toll treatment of ore from the Penny’s Find gold deposit, a development which should see maiden processing commence in July.

ERL holds a 60% interest in the new Penny’s Find gold mine which is located 50 kilometres north-east of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. ERL acts as mine manager, and the remaining 40% interest is held by unlisted group Brimstone Resources.

The company had previously signed an agreement with Golden Mile Milling to toll treat ore from the Penny’s Find gold mine at the Lakewood Mill located on the southern outskirts of Kalgoorlie-Boulder.

This second agreement with Maximus Resources Pty Ltd, operator of the Burbanks Mill situated south of Coolgardie in Western Australia, has been negotiated because of scheduling problems at the Lakewood Mill.

Management identifies processing alternative to facilitate immediate production

Management is focused on immediately moving to gold production, and this has prompted its decision to seek out an alternative processing plant in Burbanks Mill. A recent inspection of the plant facilities confirmed its suitability for treatment of the free milling Penny’s Find ore.

The agreement outlines industry standard terms and conditions for the batch treatment of Penny’s Find ore at the Burbanks Mill with each treatment campaign scheduled to process between 15,000 and 20,000 tonnes of ore.

The agreement allows for the treatment of up to 150,000 tonnes of ore with an option to extend this figure.

Of course investors should be mindful here that the agreement is in its early stages and professional financial advice should thus be sought if considering this stock for your portfolio.

Transport of ore from the growing stockpile at the Penny’s Find mine is scheduled to begin before mid-July with treatment of this ore at the Burbanks Mill starting shortly after this time.

The Penny’s Find ore reserve is contained within a planned single open pit mined to a depth of 80 metres. The ore reserve summary as at February 2016 based on a AU$1500 per ounce gold price was as follows.

It is worth noting that the current Australian dollar gold price is circa $1600. However, the February 2016 data provides some guide as to the cash flow that can be generated should ERL meet its full quota of 150,000 tonnes of treatable ore.

The end game is to eventually take the mine underground as mineralisation extends to at least 250 metres in depth where it remains open with the current known deeper resource inventory of 170,000 tonnes grading 5.4 grams per tonne gold beneath the open pit (see table below).

Cash generated from processing the open pit ore reserves would assist in funding an underground project.

tags

Gold

S3 Consortium Pty Ltd (CAR No.433913) is a corporate authorised representative of Maven Capital Pty Ltd (AFSL No. 418504). The information contained in this article is general information only. Any advice is general advice only. Neither your personal objectives, financial situation nor needs have been taken into consideration. Accordingly you should consider how appropriate the advice (if any) is to those objectives, financial situation and needs, before acting on the advice.

Conflict of Interest Notice

S3 Consortium Pty Ltd does and seeks to do business with companies featured in its articles. As a result, investors should be aware that the Firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this article. Investors should consider this article as only a single factor in making any investment decision. The publishers of this article also wish to disclose that they may hold this stock in their portfolios and that any decision to purchase this stock should be done so after the purchaser has made their own inquires as to the validity of any information in this article.

Publishers Notice

The information contained in this article is current at the finalised date. The information contained in this article is based on sources reasonably considered to be reliable by S3 Consortium Pty Ltd, and available in the public domain. No “insider information” is ever sourced, disclosed or used by S3 Consortium.

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn