Segue snaps up four more nickel tenements in WA’s Fraser Range

Published at Apr 9, 2014, in Juniors

Segue Resources Ltd’s (ASX: SEG) has expanded its holdings in WA’s nickel rich Fraser Range yet again with a move to acquire 100% stakes in four more nickel exploration tenements.

SEG has been snapping up nickel prospects in the region since 2013 when it acquired three companies, Fraser Range Resources, Becrux and Distant Island for just $200,000 and $1.1M worth of its shares.

Cost of acquisition

The deal to acquire the four new tenements was brokered through SEG’s shareholding in International Goldfield Ltd (ASX: IGS).

SEG is to immediately pay $100,000 in cash and issue 50M of its shares to purchase 65% of the acquisition. Over the next three months, SEG will pay the remaining 35% with $200,000 and by giving IGS a 1% net smelter royalty in the company.

Travis Schwertfeger, Managing Director of IGS, says: “This acquisition agreement allows Segue to reach its goal of 100% ownership faster and cheaper, ensuring IGS retains its upside exposure (through Segue shares) to all of Segue’s exploration tenements.”

Impact on SEG’s Plumridge JV

The four tenements make up more than 830km2 and contain Nova-style nickel sulphide deposits and Corvette gold prospects. SEG says the land is ‘highly prospective’.

Previously, SEG’s joint venture only allowed for acquisition of 60% of these tenements but now the company is able to acquire them in their entirety.

Progress for Plumridge Nickel Project tenements

Back in March, SEG entered into a joint venture with Fraser Range Metal Group Ltd for two exploration licenses covering more than 640km2 in the Fraser Range. It also acquired 10 Exploration Licence Applications next to Segue’s Plumridge Nickel Project.

Dr Howard Carr, SEG’s Technical Director, says: “We believe the poorly exposed Fraser Range is likely to host a significant number of nickel deposits of varying grade / tonnage characteristics, similar to that of the much better exposed Raglan Nickel Belt of Northern Quebec, Canada.”

Future for tenements

Investigations are continuing on the tenements to look for detailed electromagnetics, which reveal where the nickel is in the ground. Air core bedrock drilling is then scheduled for the second quarter of 2014.

Following this, in the third quarter of this year, nickel conductor plates within eye structures will be tested with deeper reverse circulation drilling.

S3 Consortium Pty Ltd (CAR No.433913) is a corporate authorised representative of LeMessurier Securities Pty Ltd (AFSL No. 296877). The information contained in this article is general information only. Any advice is general advice only. Neither your personal objectives, financial situation nor needs have been taken into consideration. Accordingly you should consider how appropriate the advice (if any) is to those objectives, financial situation and needs, before acting on the advice.

Conflict of Interest Notice

S3 Consortium Pty Ltd does and seeks to do business with companies featured in its articles. As a result, investors should be aware that the Firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this article. Investors should consider this article as only a single factor in making any investment decision. The publishers of this article also wish to disclose that they may hold this stock in their portfolios and that any decision to purchase this stock should be done so after the purchaser has made their own inquires as to the validity of any information in this article.

Publishers Notice

The information contained in this article is current at the finalised date. The information contained in this article is based on sources reasonably considered to be reliable by S3 Consortium Pty Ltd, and available in the public domain. No “insider information” is ever sourced, disclosed or used by S3 Consortium.

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn