Results are in: Kairos has a large gold system at Roe Hills
3 minute read
Kairos Minerals (ASX:KAI) today revealed impressive assay results from the new drilling program at its wholly owned Roe Hills gold project, situated 120 kilometres east of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia.
Roe Hills sits immediately along strike to the south of Breaker Resources’ (ASX:BRB) emerging Lake Roe gold discovery and adjacent to Silver Lake Resources’ (ASX:SLR) Aldiss gold project.
In keeping with KAI’s aim to delineate maiden gold Resources here, first results for the year further extend the known mineralisation at the Terra and Caliburn targets.
The latest intersections include:
- 54m @ 0.74 g/t Au from 10-64m, including:
- 16m @ 1.02 g/t Au from 22-36m, and
- 2m @ 6.43 g/t Au from 54-56m
- 14m @ 0.87 g/t Au from 38-52m, including:
- 5m @ 2.03 g/t Au from 43-48m, and
- 1m @ 6.19 g/t Au from 47-48m
- 35m @ 1.05 g/t Au from 96-131m, including
- 13m @ 1.65 g/t Au from 104-117m, and
- 1m @ 8.30 g/t Au from 123-124m
- 38m @ 0.44 g/t Au from 127-165m, including
- 2m @ 2.31 g/t Au from 127-129m, and
- 2m @ 1.48 g/t Au from 163-165m
- 11m @ 1.10 g/t Au from 172-183m, including
- 6m @ 1.58 g/t Au from 175-181m
It should be remembered here that this is an early stage play and as such any investment decision should be made with caution and professional financial advice should be sought.
KAI executive chairman, Terry Topping, noted that first results from the 2018 drilling program were highly promising, providing more evidence of the shallow and widespread gold distribution at Roe Hills.
“We are continuing to find more gold with every drilling program,” Topping said. “But we are also gaining an increased understanding of the geology, which is central to our campaign to establish a maiden gold Resource.
“The results from the remainder of this program will play an important role in enabling us to prioritise the targets and further determine a clear strategy for focussing our ongoing exploration efforts and delineating maiden gold resources for the project.”
Roe Hills recent drilling locations
In addition to the current drilling campaign, KAI is undertaking a detailed review of the structural framework of the entire Roe Hills project area to assist with targeting of key gold-bearing structures, particularly in areas where the prospective basement geology is obscured beneath transported cover.
The review includes an assessment of existing detailed aeromagnetic and gravity data, with follow-up over key areas including 3D IP surveys to provide better definition of basement lithologies, structures and zones of alteration.
A bit of background
So far, KAI has completed three gold-focused exploratory drilling campaigns at the Roe Hills project. Previous drilling programs have returned outstanding results from each of the areas identified for testing, reinforcing KAI’s belief in the exceptional gold exploration opportunity at Roe Hills.
The current program will test the following targets (extensions of previously defined gold mineralisation):
- Lingering Kiss – where recent drilling intersected high-grade primary gold mineralisation 350 metres south of Silver Lake’s French Kiss Gold deposit, which is scheduled to be mined in 2019
- Lady of the Lake – where recent drilling defined a gold mineralised zone 150 metres wide by 500 metres long with the mineralisation remaining open in all directions & less than 1 kilometres north-west from the French Kiss Gold deposit
- Terra and Caliburn – emerging prospect areas where wide zones of gold mineralisation were encountered in drilling late last year
Drilling spoils at Roe Hills