Northern Minerals negotiates offtake agreement for Browns Plains project
Heavy rare earths developer, Northern Minerals (ASX:NTU) has negotiated an important offtake agreement with a vertically integrated Chinese rare earths business, Lianyugang Zeyu New Materials Sales Co Ltd (JFMAG), a 51% owned subsidiary of Guangdong Rare Earths Group.
As the company progresses to a Final Investment Decision at its Browns Range project, located in Western Australia/Northern Territory, having a visible income stream will be important in terms of presenting a financial model and should a decision be made to go ahead, obtaining funding.
It should be noted here that this development is in its early stages and investors should seek professional financial advice for further information if considering this stock for their portfolio.
The sales agreement covers all plant production from the Browns Range pilot plant with pricing referenced from a two month average of quoted prices on Asian Metals and Beijing Ruidow Information Technology.
Prior to the first shipment of rare earth carbonates, JFMAG will make a prepayment to NTU of $10 million which will cover approximately 15% of the expected value of production during the pilot plant phase. The remaining 85% is to be paid to NTU over the course of the agreement based on volumes delivered.
Under the terms of the agreement, JFMAG will also be issued 40 million unlisted options at an exercise price of 25 cents which can be converted to ordinary shares to offset the pre-payment of $10 million.
Following execution of the sales agreement, NTU will issue 14 million ordinary shares to JFMAG or its nominated beneficiary.
Commenting on this development, NTU’s Managing Director, George Bauk said, “This milestone sales agreement underpins the Browns Range pilot plant development, and the excellent terms we have agreed provide us with a transparent pricing mechanism and guaranteed demand for our products”.
Bauk said the company expected to announce the determination of its Final Investment Decision shortly.
When the experts at Next Investors have a stock pick, it may pay to listen.
The Next Investors have been investing in ASX small cap stocks for years, with their best small cap picks yielding returns of 1,200%, 1,120%, 900% and 678%.
They have just revealed their hand-picked, FY2021 stock portfolio of high conviction long-term investments.
Click the link below to see what they are currently investing in.
S3 Consortium Pty Ltd (CAR No.433913) is a corporate authorised representative of LeMessurier Securities Pty Ltd (AFSL No. 296877). The information contained in this article is general information only. Any advice is general advice only. Neither your personal objectives, financial situation nor needs have been taken into consideration. Accordingly you should consider how appropriate the advice (if any) is to those objectives, financial situation and needs, before acting on the advice.
Conflict of Interest Notice
S3 Consortium Pty Ltd does and seeks to do business with companies featured in its articles. As a result, investors should be aware that the Firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this article. Investors should consider this article as only a single factor in making any investment decision. The publishers of this article also wish to disclose that they may hold this stock in their portfolios and that any decision to purchase this stock should be done so after the purchaser has made their own inquires as to the validity of any information in this article.
The information contained in this article is current at the finalised date. The information contained in this article is based on sources reasonably considered to be reliable by S3 Consortium Pty Ltd, and available in the public domain. No “insider information” is ever sourced, disclosed or used by S3 Consortium.