Empire Resources seeks to recover $830k
Empire Resources Limited (ASX:ERL) has commenced dispute resolution proceedings to recover over $830,000 owed to it via the Penny’s Find JV.
Using the Dispute Resolution provisions of the Toll Treatment Agreement between ERL and JV partner Eastern Goldfields Milling Services (a subsidiary of Maximus Resources), the company has presented the following claim:1. Failure to pay Final Gold in Circuit (GIC)
- EGMS has failed to pay ERL 384.748 ounces of gold from the final GIC conducted at the Burbanks facility upon completion of the milling campaign in December 2017
2. Gold Ounces Discrepancy
- After a thorough review of the records maintained by EGMS, ERL believes it failed to account for 315 ounces of gold contained in ore that was delivered to the Burbanks facility.
- The value of that gold at $1,740 per pounce is $548,100
3. Calculation errors during Belt Calibration Adjustments
- ERL believes that the Belt Calibration Adjustments applied to the amount of ore as measured by the weightometer has been incorrectly applied by EGMS, which has resulted in an overcharge for toll mining fees of $55,009.35
- ERL has since confirmed its position with the firm that carried out the belt calibration
The company ended its claim by stating that the final amount claimed from EGMS will be subject to any adjustments in the gold or silver price, legal costs and other adjustments.
However, as with any legal proceeding, success is not guaranteed — consider your own personal circumstances before investing, and seek professional financial advice.
Maximus responds to claim
Maximus Resources (ASX:MXR) has responded to ERL’s claim:
The Board of Maximus wish to inform shareholders that in accordance with the terms of the toll mining agreement with Empire, a dispute resolution process is underway with the objective of achieving a settlement by negotiation or arbitration.
MXR will provide further updates as developments arise from the dispute.
When the experts at Next Investors have a stock pick, it may pay to listen.
The Next Investors have been investing in ASX small cap stocks for years, with their best small cap picks yielding returns of 1,200%, 1,120%, 900% and 678%.
They have just revealed their hand-picked, FY2021 stock portfolio of high conviction long-term investments.
Click the link below to see what they are currently investing in.
S3 Consortium Pty Ltd (CAR No.433913) is a corporate authorised representative of LeMessurier Securities Pty Ltd (AFSL No. 296877). The information contained in this article is general information only. Any advice is general advice only. Neither your personal objectives, financial situation nor needs have been taken into consideration. Accordingly you should consider how appropriate the advice (if any) is to those objectives, financial situation and needs, before acting on the advice.
Conflict of Interest Notice
S3 Consortium Pty Ltd does and seeks to do business with companies featured in its articles. As a result, investors should be aware that the Firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this article. Investors should consider this article as only a single factor in making any investment decision. The publishers of this article also wish to disclose that they may hold this stock in their portfolios and that any decision to purchase this stock should be done so after the purchaser has made their own inquires as to the validity of any information in this article.
The information contained in this article is current at the finalised date. The information contained in this article is based on sources reasonably considered to be reliable by S3 Consortium Pty Ltd, and available in the public domain. No “insider information” is ever sourced, disclosed or used by S3 Consortium.