MGC Pharmaceuticals achieves maiden cannabinoid production ahead of schedule
European Union based specialist medical cannabis company, MGC Pharmaceuticals (ASX:MXC) has successfully commenced cannabinoid extraction operations at its newly completed European extraction facilities.
This has been achieved ahead of schedule, and today’s news comes less than a week after the company informed the market that construction of European CBD extraction facility had been completed on time and ahead of budget with first commercial production on schedule for the third quarter of 2017.
MXC’s shares responded strongly to the news, hitting a high of 8.1 cents in the first hour of trading, representing a 7% increase on the previous day’s close. More than half of the group’s average daily trading volumes went through in this period.
It should be noted share trading patterns should not be used as the basis for an investment as they may or may not be replicated. Those considering this stock should seek independent financial advice.
Commenting on this development, co-founder and Managing Director of MGC Pharmaceuticals, Nativ Segev said, “Producing the first cannabinoid extracts from our newly built European extraction facility is a significant milestone for the company, and in addition to demonstrating the operational success of the facility it marks the commencement of the next phase for our company where we are well-positioned to capture the value chain and generate revenues.”
This European extraction facility will produce high margin active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) cannabinoid extract for use in medical cannabis products, including MXC’s own clinical studies and trials in Europe and Australia.
The high quality cannabinoids CO2 extracts fractions depicted below confirm both the successful operational status of the facility, as well as its ability to produce high-quality extracts to be pipelined to the company’s various global projects.
Upcoming certification another potential share price catalyst
Commercial production of active pharmaceutical ingredients at the facility will commence once Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certification is achieved in the coming months.
Certification could be a share price catalyst, akin to a mining group receiving the appropriate permitting to commence operations.
MXC also confirmed that its Panax growing operations at the Institute of Experimental Botany (IEB) of the Academy of Sciences in the Czech Republic are continuing on schedule. The company owns 80% of Panax Pharma s.r.o. with the opportunity to acquire the remaining 20% should management choose to do so.
The following images are of seedlings of high quality medical cannabis strains that have been planted and grown at the IEB facility since mid-February 2017.
MXC will be planting up to 1000 square metres of cannabis plants in the Panax greenhouse facility with these crops expected to be harvested for research purposes in the third quarter of 2017.
When the experts at Next Investors have a stock pick, it may pay to listen.
The Next Investors have been investing in ASX small cap stocks for years, with their best small cap picks yielding returns of 1,200%, 1,120%, 900% and 678%.
They have just revealed their hand-picked, FY2021 stock portfolio of high conviction long-term investments.
Click the link below to see what they are currently investing in.
S3 Consortium Pty Ltd (CAR No.433913) is a corporate authorised representative of LeMessurier Securities Pty Ltd (AFSL No. 296877). The information contained in this article is general information only. Any advice is general advice only. Neither your personal objectives, financial situation nor needs have been taken into consideration. Accordingly you should consider how appropriate the advice (if any) is to those objectives, financial situation and needs, before acting on the advice.
Conflict of Interest Notice
S3 Consortium Pty Ltd does and seeks to do business with companies featured in its articles. As a result, investors should be aware that the Firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this article. Investors should consider this article as only a single factor in making any investment decision. The publishers of this article also wish to disclose that they may hold this stock in their portfolios and that any decision to purchase this stock should be done so after the purchaser has made their own inquires as to the validity of any information in this article.
The information contained in this article is current at the finalised date. The information contained in this article is based on sources reasonably considered to be reliable by S3 Consortium Pty Ltd, and available in the public domain. No “insider information” is ever sourced, disclosed or used by S3 Consortium.