Aussie miners on show at the Brisbane Resources Round Up
Australia’s up and coming miners are headed to Brisbane this week for the 2018 Brisbane Resources Round Up.
The mining conference will feature over 40 ASX listed resource companies, along with industry experts, corporate advisors, state mining bodies and policy makers.
Day one on Wednesday will open with a keynote address from Head of Australian Equities at Regal Funds Management, Julian Babarzcy, titled, ‘How Institutional Investors Analyse the Investment Opportunities for New Age Commodities,’ which will look at investment opportunities in new energy metals including lithium and cobalt.
This will be followed by Rachael Cronin from the Queensland Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy discussing ‘The Queensland Opportunity,’ as well as a long list of presentations from the following:
- Cassini Resources Ltd (ASX:CZI) managing director Richard Bevan.
- Nusantara Resources Ltd (ASX:NUS) managing director and CEO Mike Spreadborough
- DGR Global Ltd (ASX:DGR) managing director Nicholas Mather
- Aeon Metals Ltd (ASX:AML), managing director Hamish Collins
- Musgrave Minerals Ltd (ASX:MGV) managing director Robert Waugh
- Corazon Mining Ltd (ASX:CZN) managing director Brett Smith
- Heron Resources Ltd (ASX:HRR) general manager - strategy and business development Charlie Kempson
- Galena Mining Ltd (ASX:G1A) chief executive officer Alex Molyneux
- Image Resources NL (ASX:IMA) managing director Patrick Mutz
- Indiana Resources Ltd (ASX:IDA) chief executive officer Chris van Wijk
- Pursuit Minerals Ltd (ASX:PUR) managing director Jeremy Rea
- Alliance Resources Limited (ASX:AGS) managing director Steve Johnston
- Hillgrove Resources Limited (ASX:HGO) chief geologist/exploration manager Peter Rolley
- Aeris Resources Ltd (ASX:AIS) executive chairman Andre Labuschagne
- Black Cat Syndicate Ltd (ASX:BC8) managing director Gareth Solly
- Pioneer Resources Ltd (ASX:PIO) managing director David Crook
- Altech Chemicals Ltd (ASX:ATC) chief financial officer and company secretary Shane Volk
- Australian Bauxite Ltd (ASX:ABX) CEO and managing director Ian Levy
- Anglo Australian Resources NL (ASX:AAR) chairman John Jones
The conference, which dates back to 2000, is billed as a ‘must attend event’ for anyone associated with the mining industry, with the event showcasing 70 exhibitors along with 48 presentations, including 37 companies.
Vertical Events' Stewart McDonald explained that the event had grown into one of the largest resources conferences on the East Coast of Australia and has held this position since the Mining 2007 Convention.
McDonald said that by the Mining 2007 Convention, the event had grown into one of the largest resources conferences on the East Coast of Australia and continued to hold this position.
The conference comes not long after a major the report from the Resources 2030 Taskforce was delivered to the Matt Canavan, the Minister for Resources and Northern Australia.
The report highlighted that Australia had an abundance of natural resources, with the sector generating exports of $226 billion per year. But it said Australia still had the opportunity to capture more investment, create more jobs, improve environmental management and generate more prosperity driven by the resources sector.
Commenting on the report, Canavan said, “Global demand for resources continues to grow, a trend that is expected to continue over the coming decades. This is being driven by population growth and the expansion of a more aspirant middle class in developing and emerging economies. Demand is increasing for metals, energy and petroleum products for both traditional applications and those brought about by the digital age.”
Short-term positions in small, early stage ASX companies,
with high potential and near term price catalysts.
Focusing on resource exploration, early-stage tech, and biotech.
Exceptional opportunities across a broad range of
early-stage growth sectors with strong management.
Seeking 1,000% plus returns across medium to long-term holds.
Longer-term positions in a variety of sectors.
Seeking strong management where traction is established and have entered into a growth phase.
S3 Consortium Pty Ltd (CAR No.433913) is a corporate authorised representative of LeMessurier Securities Pty Ltd (AFSL No. 296877). The information contained in this article is general information only. Any advice is general advice only. Neither your personal objectives, financial situation nor needs have been taken into consideration. Accordingly you should consider how appropriate the advice (if any) is to those objectives, financial situation and needs, before acting on the advice.
Conflict of Interest Notice
S3 Consortium Pty Ltd does and seeks to do business with companies featured in its articles. As a result, investors should be aware that the Firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of this article. Investors should consider this article as only a single factor in making any investment decision. The publishers of this article also wish to disclose that they may hold this stock in their portfolios and that any decision to purchase this stock should be done so after the purchaser has made their own inquires as to the validity of any information in this article.
The information contained in this article is current at the finalised date. The information contained in this article is based on sources reasonably considered to be reliable by S3 Consortium Pty Ltd, and available in the public domain. No “insider information” is ever sourced, disclosed or used by S3 Consortium.